Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Went fish', last weekend

Went fish'n last weekend and caught a mess to fry up. I used my new stove and had all the iron skillets going. Fried taters n'onions in one, cornbread in another and the big 20 inch skillet for fry'n up the bluegill,redear and black crappie.

Sis and I skinned the fish by our creek,it felt like we were camping out. I toss the guts in a dug up hole and then buried them. But later that night I heard a pack of coyotes run'n the creek and I bet they were sniff'n out my compost or just plain go'in crasy from the smell of fish fry'n but those taters and onions will do it for sure.

Sis had brought her motorless little Tracker boat. She and I took across the small 70 acre lake, pretty easy rowing when you got the wind blow'n ya. But coming back was a different story. We had to fight the wind. Sure wasn't making headway until we made a team effort after yelling at each other, like "its your fault, no its yours, can't you row, we should have stayed on the bank, we should have stayed home" stuff like that. I can imagine our Mom , who;s fishing on the bank, pipe down your scar'n the fish. When we contained ourself and act like adults sort of, we came up with a plan to work the boat. We did a 1,2,3,4 switch oars other side,1,2,3,4, switch to other side until we got to the other side where Mom and DH was fishing. We dared not let up for fear of drifting back to where we started.

We looked goofy I'm sure going nowhere against the wind but when we put our sister teamwork together we made it workand probably looked professionaL, naw we stilled looked goofy. Two ol ladies in a row boat goofy!

What made things worst we started catching fish close to the bank. We didn't need that boat after all. Oh well we had a good workout.


Later that evening I got a few of my tomatoes in just 70 plants with many more to plant. I put out another 67 heirloom tomatoes tonight. Had a cookout and did some mowing. In town tomorrow and hopefully I can get back soon enough and put out some more tomatoes. The last couple of days have been great for drying up the grown.
Well off to read some blogs, thank you for stopping by
Many Blessings
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...