Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beautiful Sunny Day -last week news

It's been a beautiful day, sun shinning and no rain. Time to dry up a bit. I'll be able to work the gardens this weekend, yeah. Sis and i went to the city/town to meet up with clients, just got home and I stood outside and listen to the owls talking to one another .

The moonlight and stars shinning ,something that seems a long time sense they shone b/c of all the storms.

Oh its always nice to get home. We go in town about a couple of times a week and the rest of the time at our homes sewing. I love our setup getting to stay home most of the time.

We had tornado's south and east touching down, a few roof damages were reported yesterday evening. I kept the weather station on while I was working in my sewing room.

I scored today, at one of the designers stores I do some work for. One of there employees asked if I wanted an old Singer sewing machine with cabinet. I asked how much, free she said. Now you never turn down free stuff especially sewing machines. The cool part it's a beautiful distress black cabinet real French looking . Perfect with my other furnishing in our trailer/cabin. I've been decorating with a French country look. Using creams and black trimmings. This was such a surprise. Plus she said it sews very good ,has all the goodies with it as well.

Now when sis and I go into town we'll have a late lunch . Today it was BBQ. We order dinosaur ribs (WHAT) we just had to have em. Oh they were big but tough as an ol rooster. Or I should say an ol dinosaur. Us "longer in the tooth" people need a bit more softer meat, we should have left dino alone and order something normal. My black lab is gnawing on the big bone now. It was a good day for her too. :)

We'll start brown baggin and stop by the lake to have lunch , save time and money on DIY lunches. We are like little kids in a lunch room trading one thing for another.

Oh my have I got hooked on this blogging again. I came in tonight, told DH I got a couple of movies for tonight. He's waiting for me to get'em started and I'm blogging instead. Looking over I see him sound asleep and snoring. So much for movie night. That's way ok ;I'll just keep blogging away:)

Its going to be a busy weekend. Gardens will be top on the list, Those 200+ tomatoes have got to get in. Muddy or not.

I'm ready to go blog visiting . I also joined some of the groups. I think this is a great feature on the all new HB. Lots of good info and easy to get quick answers to your homesteading questions

Have a great weekend and many Blessings
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...