Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Monday, August 26, 2013

Plant Camp Monday's

 
Crownbeard  Verbesina helianthoides 
 
 
 
This wildflower Crownbeard is new to my wildflower garden, It looks almost like the same set up I did a couple of week ago with the wildflower Partridge Pea.  I like black frames around yellow flowers and I have a lot yellow flowers. : )
 
Also called Wing-stem , Its in the Aster family--- Asteraceae
 
If you look at the bigger picture you will see a spider on the bottom flower.
 
Here's a link to more pictures, need to scroll down to get some really nice pictures.  The seed pod also called a Wing-stem will be a nice fall decoration.  Well be saving seeds on this one.  Crownbeard
 
Thank you all for stopping by, we still have hot weather this week and I can't wait tell fall.
Have a great week, I'll try and post more homestead happenings this week.  Take good care.
linda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...