Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Monday, September 2, 2013

Plant Camp Monday's



"Best I love September's yellow,
 Morns of dew strung gossamer,
 Thoughtful days without a stir,
 Rooky clamours, brazen leaves,
 Stubble dotted o'er with sheaves
 More than Spring's bright uncontrol
 Suit the Autumn of my soul."
                                      Alex Smith


Black-eyed Susan-  Rudbeckia hirta

These wildflower beauties are almost everywhere.  They take the summer heat and last awhile.  I like for cut flowers and dry them as well for fall decorations. 

Bees, birds and butterflies love this plant. 

The root is used in teas for worms, colds; external wash for sores, snakebites, swelling; root juice for earaches..  Here's the link for more info:Black-eyed Susan

I hope you have this flower in your area. 

Have a great Labor Day and a good week coming up.
Thank you for your visit : )
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...