Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Monday, July 29, 2013

Plant Camp Monday's

Forget-Me-Nots  Myosotis laxa
 

I came to growing these little beauties from a stand outside of a store. They were taking donation for Alzheimers disease and giving away packets of Forget-Me-Nots.  I could not think of a more appropriate flower.  They will remind me how devastating the disease yet the beauty of love ones and their strength to carry on.

"(Ouote from text)---Henry David Thoreau wrote, "The moose-ear forget-me-not, Myosotis laxa, has now extended its racemes very much, and hangs over the edge of the brook. It is one of the most interesting minute flowers. It is the more beautiful for being small and unpretending; even flowers must be modest."

Here's a little something about them   Forget-Me-Nots

Thank you for dropping by
Have a great week
linda


2 comments:

  1. I planted some forget me nots. But I think they forgot how to grow.:( I like all the different shades of blue flowers. Jam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try again, I'll be saving seeds for you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...