Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Keeping A Journal

My Journal


Adding anything I like




 
Inspiration


I've started back at keeping a journal.  Set it aside and its hard to get back at it.   The upper two pictures are one of my journals.  Its a smaller book but great to take outside and sketch or jot down notes.   I even started some Haiku poems, these are fun three liners of anything you like.  Also working on sketches and watercolors.   
 
The last book is pure inspiration by Cathy Johnson, she is a artist ,naturalist, writer and shares so much in all fields.  She points out that no matter if you think that theres nothing to journal  about and it might be to mundane that even the little things can be captured in words and sketches to get us out of that way of thinking.   Shes so right.  You can journal no matter where you are.  Pick a subject , your thoughts anything you like.   The best part theres no rules, its yours, and you don't need to be an artist either.  I sometimes use stick people in my jounal to show family gatherings. 
 
If you can come across Cathy Johnsons book or others that will get you to keep one of your own, its so worth it. 
 
Do you keep a journal?  
 
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Journaling
linda
 
 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...