Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Monday, September 6, 2010

Plant Camp Monday's

Hope you all had a good Labor day weekend. Sis and I took a 4 day kayak fishing trip at our local lake. I'll be posting about our new kayaks, the lake and our catch. So the camp this week will be short cuz I'm pooped and did not do my homework on a plant.

But I do have some pictures of sunflowers that I grew on my other homestead. Good thing I got pictures b/c my sunflower cropped failed this season. Either the rains washed the seeds or those crows got em .

So enjoy these mammoth sunflowers and some different types as well. Not only are the seeds good for you but the birds love them too.















Hope you all had a safe and fun weekend, next week I'll have a plant to share for the camp, this week it will be a fish story : ) , next couple of days


tc linda

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I just love sun flowers. Planted mine later, so I could enjoy in the fall and they are just opening up. Hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. You have inspired me to start my own blog as I love yours so much. Here's my link: http://backtobasicsnz.blogspot.com/. See you on survival topics. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...