Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Monday, July 15, 2013

Plant Camp Monday's



This weeks featured plant on the homestead is the Persian Shield (Strobilanthes dyerianus) plant.  I've been after this one for a couple of years. They went the first day at Powell Gardens plant day.   The leaves are beautiful purple and green.  Mine is doing well under the shade, hope it can take our summer heat.  A little over a ft high right now and those colors are still pretty.

Heres some info, check into this plant.  Persian Shield

Thank you for your visits, have a great week
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...