Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Sunday, July 21, 2013

Plant Camp Monday's

Blazing Star 
The Blazing Star is blooming!  I don't have but a few plants but someday there will be many.  I'll save the seeds for winter sowing and then plant them next spring.  I have both purple and white

Blazing Star, Liatris pycnostachya is a wildflower.   Its also called Gayfeather and Button snakeroot.

Here's a link for more information on this lovely wildflower  Blazing Star




Garden:  Picking green beans and tomatoes, waiting for the squash. 
Even though would be for some rain the plants are still in good shape.


Have a great week and thanks again for your visits
linda

 

2 comments:

  1. I posted;) lol. I really do like blazing stars. Its blazing hot here! I'm ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, glad you checked out my blog and to see if my comments were working, guess they are now : ) Blazing Hot, lol yes it is

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...