Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Herbal Salves




I completed my herbal salves the other day, finally got the bees wax.  They turned out good.  Was able to find these tins and I like to get more of them.  The small jar works great to. 

I was able to get a hard salve and a softer one.  You can work the wax to make it the consistency you like.

Theres only three herbs that worked while I was sunny them in the window, Thyme,Yarrow and Chamomile.  The Plantain and Nettle did not do well and I know why too.  I did not have them completely covered in olive oil.  They molded.  Must be covered.  And those two I wanted the most.  Need to get more oil and do again. 

These salves are great for rashes, insect bites and stings to scraps ad cuts.   Always check information on herbs before you apply.  Some herbs are very potent.  So please check first. 

I have lots of herbs and how to's but not until I got spring and summer issue of Mary Janes Farm magazine and her easy to follow and inspiring article that I jump right in doing something I had talked of doing for many years.  I'm so pleased with the results and will be adding other herbs to my collection and hope I never have to use them but its good to have on hand.

Thanks for stopping by,
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...