Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Plant Camp Monday's

Last week was ok but this is summer and we need color. What a better plant to bring to the camp then the beautiful Echinacea's.

Most gardeners have them growing. They are great for background, along boarders, gosh just about anywhere. Who doesn't like Echie's? The butterflies and bees sure like em too! Echinacea I have to say are my all time favorites.

Echinacea purpurea , also known as Purple coneflower.
Aateracea, Daisy family

Here's some I grew from seed. I used the Winter Sow, http://www.wintersown.org/ method and had very good results. These pic's are from over at my other homestead but many have been moved to our new place in the woods. Its just these pic's are so much prettier then the ones I took over
here.



These others are Echinacea's I bought from co-op's and oh did this open a new world for me with these beauties.

This white one is so pretty , Its name may be White Swan



And these are????? I forgot : (



Here's a bouquet I picked with lime green Echie's. They are great for cut flowers and I like to dry
them too for arrangements.




Here's a nice link if interested in this gotta have it my garden plant : ) http://www.home-herb-garden.com/echinacea.html It also has an herb index!


Also I love this plant b/c of its medicinal values. I take the Echinacea capsules when I get that on set of a cold , seems to help. Heres a bit more about that as well.

http://www.home-herb-garden.com/echinacea-herb.html

I sure needed this color this week for the camp. I hope you have Echinacea's growing in your garden.

Happy Gardening and thanks for visiting the Plant Camp.

tc linda

1 comment:

  1. Truly enjoyed this post. I have always wanted to grow. I hope to add it next year when I revamp my herb garden (need to remove hubbies June bearing strawberries first. The links are very helpful. Thanks Linda. Sure hope you are having a wonderful summer in the woods!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...