Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Saturday, July 31, 2010

Survival Seeds

Good things come in small packages, that is for sure. A package arrived yesterday from Home Town Seeds http://hometownseeds.com/.



I had entered a drawing and won these survival seeds. I'm so excited to have these.

First I will share about why I'm so excited to have survival seeds then will share the blog site New Life on a Homestead that put this on. You will so enjoy the reads and info on this blog.

Survival Seeds:

I save seeds, grow heirlooms and save and share the seeds for next season, pure and simple. Also do some seed trading as well. That's always fun.

But to have a bag of survival seeds WOW . This is a what if you can't get any seeds, what if your crops fail and you don't have your own seeds to save. To me its like having insurance on almost everything we have, home ,car, health, life you name it . So why not seeds. Its the "what if's" happens. And we know "what if's" do happen. I got insurance seeds to grow more food for my family and others.

These seeds came from a new to me company and I think I'm going to do business with them. The package came real fast , their prices seem really good and the seeds look wonderful and everything is neat and comes to you just like they said. Also a nice information papers about the seeds and all the how to's from storing to growing.

Here's what Home Town Seeds sent me http://hometownseeds.com/




Its hard to believe that there's over 22,000 seeds in all those packs. It will plant more then 3/4 of an acre They are well sealed and labeled. I am storing them in the freezer for a longer storage life. They are a great addage to my preparedness way of life.

All are 100% non-hybrid so I will be able to save seeds from the harvest.

Here's the list of seeds that Home Town Seeds sent me.

1) Sweet Corn, Golden Bantam

2) Peas, Lincoln

3) Radish, Champion

4) Onion, Utah Yellow Sweet Spanish

5) Beet, Detroit dark Red

6) Tomato, Rutgers PS

7) Spinach, Bloomsdale Longstanding

8) Cabbage, Golden Acre

9)Swiss Chard, Lucullus

10) Lettuce, Romaine Paris Island Cos

11) Carrot, Scarlet Nantes

12) Pepper, Yolo Wonder

13) Winter Squash, Waltham Butternut

14) Cucumber, Long Green

15) Squash Zucchini, Black Beauty

Its a great package and they have other seeds like flowers and herbs. I think this would be such a nice gift to give to the gardeners in your life : ). Check em out

How it happen.

I was a new follower to this wonderful blog page, New Life On a Homestead http://newlifeonahomestead.com/

I was so liking it I put the sites button on my blog site. Life is busy and its hard to get reading everyone's blog pages and even blogging, as you all know . But it was the right timing and I almost missed it . I entered the drawing and won.

I am sorry I didn't blog about the drawing, my bad. Not only sorry my followers didn't get a chance to sign up but also finding a great site that has lots of good stuff. Read about how they solved the Acid Reflex problem in their family.

But I do hope I can make it up to you by sharing (New Life on a Homestead) plus on down the road sharing seeds from my garden : ).

So head on over and check both New Life on a Homestead and Home Town Seeds.

Have a great weekend
tc linda

2 comments:

  1. What a gold mine! I am so looking forward to having a garden again next year.

    I've added your Plant Camp Monday banner to my herbal website: http://aewisdom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of flower seeds but being somewhat new to veggies I've just started collecting seeds. Great post and have fun with all your seeds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...