Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Creek is rising and the beans are done

Oh the rains came today big time. Seems like almost everyday it rains, but today's rain made the creek rise and keep rising. It was over the bridge kind of rising, yikes.

Loud, roaring and rolling , nothing going to stop it .




Do I stay or do I go? (isn't that part of a song?)



Heck no I'll stay and have my bean dinner by the creek and watch this : ).

Where I sat is a 12 ft drop and the water was pretty close to my chair here. Now that's high water in a very short time.



It was like a huge river and all the noise it made. I always thought living by a big loud water fall would be nice but that's all you would hear, couldn't hear the birds and other critters. So I'm glad the creek is receding back to normal. It won't be the muddy look for long . Soon the water will be crystal clear and I'll see all the pretty rocks shining (wish it was gold). The soft sounds of water flowing down the creek and the sounds of the critters once again.

My thoughts watching this monster of a creek go wild was float trips. If only there would not be log hang ups and bridges with water over them in the way this would be one crazy ride to somewhere. But I just sat and enjoyed my bean dinner and glass of ice tea.

Beans were cooked w/ ham hocks, onions and herbs. Fried taters n'onions and cornbread. The stick to your ribs kind of dinner and oh so good.

Well if we don't have anymore rain tonight we should be safe from the creek. I was worried about my lower garden w/ 61 tomato plants : ( but all was safe.

Now we need a nice dry up, maters don't like their feet wet to long.

tc linda

1 comment:

  1. Oh, if only we had some of that rain. Looks like a lovely dinner. Sure do hope your maters dry their feet soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...