Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Sunday, September 29, 2013

Plant Camp Monday's

 
Blue lobelia  Lobelia siphilitica

Also know as Great lobelia.  The water is down in the creek so I took a look for rocks and arrowheads.  I found these growing along the banks, altho not many.  It can grow 3 ft and comes in colors of light or dark violet, light or dark blue or lavender, rarely white.

Plant contains a narcotic poison and was used in medicine.

Heres a link for more info Blue lobelia

Sometimes the little beauties of nature might be in the garden or along a creek bank, always keep looking.

Have a great week , Autumn is in the air : )
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...