Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Saturday, February 1, 2014

Work'n Those Needles




I'm starting the socks for Christmas gifts early altho can't wait and give them away as soon as they are knitted.  Just finished the red and green socks giving a couple of days of knitting for each sock.  It use to take me months to complete that second sock but the more I knit the faster it gets.

Working on how to knit mittens , these seem to be a challenge for me and like socks just need to keep at it.   Don't even want to think about knitting a sweater now, that seems like a really big challenge, but I would love to learn.  Hats, scarves, socks and dishcloths are my projects for now with mittens on the needles with lots of undoing.

The best part its relaxing and I like to knit in the evening while watching a movie or watching the snow fall with the sounds of the woodstove crackling wood along with a cup of hot coffee.   Last night it was ice pellets falling and we woke up to an ice covering in the woods.

I'll be knitting when the Super Bowl is on, stopping to see the commercials and eating some hot chicken wings.  Hope all goes well and a good game.    I'm looking forward to the Olympic Games and need to get some more yarn ; )  

Have a great weekend
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...