Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ski Trip




Yesterday was trip to Snow Creek.  First time for all of us.  I took over taking pic's and watching the little ones who did not want to ski.  But before long my 5 yr old granddaughter wanted to give it a try and off she went.  WOW! they learn so fast.   We are planning another trip soon and I'll be skiing next time.  Can't wait.   Its been awhile but I hope it will be like riding a bike, I HOPE! Cross country is what I like to do and never went down a big hill like this one. Not sure I will take that, its not on my bucket list.

Could not have asked for a beautiful day, weather was perfect, lots of sunshine and nice inside with fireplace going and hot chocolate and good food. Best of all the kids learned something new and was outside enjoying winter and all the fun activities it brings.  

In the summer months they turn the slopes into a mud run.  I like the clean snow better : )

Its been absolutely wonderful weather in the last few days, and garden planning and preparing is going on.   The days are staying a little lighter each day that passes and the snow is almost gone along the creek banks.

Last weekend we spent the day over at my first homestead with the family where we built a cabin and really lived in the sticks with no running water and an outhouse.  We did some cleaning up and it was a day of wildlife sightings.   While we had our heads looking up at a large flock of geese flying over a herd of deer ran passed us, oh was it a sight.   On the trip over about 10 minutes away there was a filed full of wild turkey and further up a owl was along the fence row with a catch, probably a field mouse.

We got a lot done and gathered some sticks and had a quick hot dog roast, shaved some wiener sticks out of long sticks and talked of the old times when we first moved to country many moons ago.

Whether one lives in the city or country or in between theres always something out in nature to enjoy.  Could be a critter, tame or wild or a flower coming up its all around us and all we have to do is slow down and enjoy.

Thank you for your visits and have a great week.
linda


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...