Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Sunday, March 16, 2014

Might As Well Knit

What do you do when your mom falls and breaks her leg and wait while a four hour operation is going on.  You knit and knit.  Pray and knit.   Its been an ordeal and mom is coming along really well for her age 87. She is spunky!  Mom is back home at my sisters and we take turns watching 24/7.   Pee breaks in the middle of the night with a bell ringing from mom. Sis and I would be sleeping in the living room with moms bedroom door open and jump up and run in, lift her on the pot.  Hats off to nurses and aids who lift their patience.  It really is a job. We are doing good along with nurses and therapist who come out and work with mom. 

So theres nothing but knitting to do when mom is sleeping and recuperating.  So I got a couple of different  socks made and now I need to make those second socks.
I'm making my socks a bit more challenging with harder patterns to follow.  So far so good with just a few glitches.

Ridge and Eyelet from Hand-Knit Socks by Threads Winter 2014, very easy



Periwinkle Picot from Love of Knitting  Spring  2014  designer Phyll Lagerman
This pattern I altered and did for a smaller foot.  I thought I was going to be in trouble but turn out ok.  Next pair I will use the correct yarn and follow the direction to the letter.  Was fun to do after I learn how the pattern went. 


 Tomorrow I'll be watching mom and I'll bring my knitting and work on those second socks : ).

Garden update:

Seed potatoes (Red Pontiac) are cut up and ready for the St Patrick's Day planting.  Rain, snow, sleet or sun shine I always plant the potatoes on that day.

Almost Spring!

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day-- don't forget to wear green ; )
linda   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...