Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wool Blankets



I love old wool blankets.  They make the cabin feel warm and great to use for those really cold days and nights.  Perfect for Quenzee's (snow forts).  I have had these for many years and still as good as the day I got them and not sure how old they were then.

I felt that wool blankets deserve a  poem so I did a Google , sure enough there are poems on wool blankets. Who knew : ).   So I thought I would do a little Haiku poem for my wool blankets.

Old wool blankets you warm my heart
When snow is flying and temperature drops
The joy you bring it never stops

Well, I better keep my day job :-/


Knitting-

I've been working on socks and headbands for Christmas gifts.  The headbands are fast and easy,the girls love 'em.  I use the left over yarn from the knitted socks.

 Some like the flowers and some not.  I'll be knitting past Christmas for all the request for socks and headbands. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...