Woods

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived" Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)


"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you sow." - Robert Louis Stevenson


Monday, January 4, 2016

Wild Birds



The wild birds leave the chicken feed alone when they get their own scratch. Birds are happy, chickens are happier!   Need to pick up more wild bird seed but today they get chicken scratch.

Their dinner table is right outside the window for photo shoots and I got to be so slow not to scare them away.  They take turns from the different types of birds.  First these Tufted Titmouse is first shift with Bluejays, Cardinals, Woodpeckers, Blackeyed Juncos, and others waiting either with patience or intimidation.

I'm on the lookout for Eagles in our area.





Winter time is great to get out and observe nature from tracks in the snow to seeing animals and birds through the bare cold woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...